Do It Yourself!
If you're unable to attend any of our scheduled Hospice Walks, no need to worry. You can register here to undertake a walk of your preference, tailored to your schedule. Choose your own time, length, date, and location! Simply create a Just Giving page, and once you reach a sponsorship goal of £150, we'll send you a Hospice-branded t-shirt and a limited edition Hospice Walks medal.
Where will you Walk for Hospice?
Walk any time, any place and as far as you wish! It's always a good idea to check for the latest information before planning your trip, but here are just a few popular walks you could take in part of for your 2024 Hospice Walk:
- Causeway Coast Way: This stunning coastal walk covers approximately 33 miles and offers breathtaking views of the Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, and other iconic landmarks along the North Coast. Why not take in part of this stunning route for your Hospice Walk?
- Mourne Way: The Mourne Mountains are a hiker's paradise, and the Mourne Way is a 26-mile long-distance path that takes you through this picturesque landscape, offering panoramic views and challenging terrain. Can you walk it all, or embark on a shorter route for 2024?
- Ulster Way: The Ulster Way is a long-distance walking route that encircles Northern Ireland, totalling around 625 miles. It's divided into various sections, allowing you to choose shorter routes based on your preferences and abilities. You could make your Hospice Walk one section which is close to your home.
- Glens of Antrim: The Glens of Antrim, known for its lush greenery and quaint villages, offer several walking routes. Glenariff Forest Park and the Glenariff Waterfall Walk are particularly popular. At hospice we love dogs, and this could be the perfect route for all you dog lovers!
- Castle Ward Trails: Castle Ward, located near Strangford Lough, offers a variety of walking and cycling trails. The trails take you through woodland, along the shores of the lough, and past historic structures, including the unique Gothic mansion.
Before planning any walk, make sure to check for current trail conditions, obtain necessary permits if required, and consider any updates or changes that may have occurred since your last visit.
Additionally, it's advisable to consult local tourism offices or official websites for the most accurate and up-to-date information.