It’s not just the stock that fills our busy Hospice shops. We have 550 incredible volunteers that help in a range of roles in store raising vital funds for Hospice and helping to keep our doors open.Giving up a little bit of your time to support Northern Ireland Hospice can be very rewarding. It doesn’t matter how much time you have to offer, by contributing a morning or afternoon each week you can make a real difference in the lives of local people living with life-limiting and terminal illnesses.
The purpose of the volunteer roles is to provide support to the shop managers and assist in the running of the shops across Northern Ireland.
What will I gain from volunteering in a hospice shop?
- Enjoyment of interacting with customers, donors, and colleagues
- Gaining confidence
- Building retail skills such as visual merchandising
- Meeting new people
- Having fun
- A route back into employment
- Contribution to the environmental benefit of recycling used goods
What can you expect to do as a retail volunteer?
- Providing excellent customer service
- Interacting with the public
- Handling cash and working the tills
- Dressing window and shop displays
- Sorting through donations
- Processing stock
- General housekeeping around the shops
How do I become a retail volunteer?There are many ways to express your interest. Full training will be given throughout your initial weeks of volunteering
Complete application form
Complete the application form and return to us. Once we have received your application form, we will arrange for you to have a chat with the manager of the shop.Download document
Call into a shop
Visit or phone your closest shop and speak with the manager who will be happy to discuss opportunities and help you complete our simple application form.Where are Hospice Shops Located?