During the COVID-19 pandemic we've adapted how we provide care for our patients and created our Hospice Outreach Services.
Now our multi-disciplinary team can support our Hospice Community Nurses in family homes providing, occupational therapy, holistic therapy and emotional support.
Accessing the Service
Patients will be assessed by our Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist and will be provided with an individual treatment programme. We focus on empowering our patients to better manage their condition.
Some of our services include:
- Fatigue management and energy conservation
- Anxiety management
- Relaxation sessions
- Equipment advice
- Falls awareness and prevention
- Rehabilitation and 1:1 exercise programme
- Breathlessness management (‘Breathe Easy’)
- Non-pharmacological pain management e.g., TENs
Social Work Outreach
Support is available in the community either via face-to-face appointments in your home or virtually via phone call or Zoom.
The team offer short term support and cover.
- Emotional support for patients, carers, and families
- Support to develop coping strategies to deal with serious illness
- Direct support for children and young people
- Practical advice and information
- Support and advice on accessing additional care through local providers
- Help with communication within the family
- Support to complete memory work
- Bereavement Support (offered via phone)