Terms and Conditions
- ‘Northern Ireland Hospice’ means Northern Ireland Hospice, a charity registered under number NIC102337 in Northern Ireland. A company limited by guarantee registered under number NI14817 in Northern Ireland with its registered offices at Head Office, 18 O'Neill Road, Newtownabbey, BT36 6WB, and where applicable its wholly-owned trading subsidiaries (all with the same registered office) which donate all their profits to Northern Ireland Hospice:
Northern Ireland Hospice (Trading) Limited, registered company no: NI026976
- 'Website' means www.nihospice.org, or any other website under Northern Ireland Hospice's ownership or control from which a link has been created to these.
- 'You', 'your' and 'yours' means the person(s) accessing the Website.
- 'We', 'us' and 'our' means Northern Ireland Hospice.
- 'Material' means any information, data, text, graphics, links, programming code or other material published, contained or available on the Website.
- 'Terms and Conditions' means the terms and conditions set out below.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly because the amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your continued use of the Website. Certain provisions may be extended or superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website.
Contacting us about our Terms and Conditions
If you are uncertain about anything in these Terms and Conditions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Northern Ireland Hospice, Head Office, 18 O'Neill Road, Newtownabbey, BT36 6WB.
Hacking into this website for the purpose of adding to or altering the content of the website or sending unsolicited emails (spam), transmitting any offensive or illegal content, and interfering with the general working of the site is illegal and unethical.
The Website is intended for people accessing it from within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee the site or the information it contains complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries.
Material on the Website
Material on the Website is provided for personal use and for information purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the Website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the Material on the Website at any time without notice.
Certain information on the Website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the Website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the Website.
Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by Northern Ireland Hospice for personal use and for information purposes only
Where we provide hypertext links to other websites, we do so for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the content of any other websites or pages linking to or from our Website. We have not verified the content of any such websites and links to other websites do not imply any endorsement of the material on those Websites.
If you choose to follow links to other websites you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. If you would like to establish a link to our website, please ask our permission before you do so. You can request permission from us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Using our logos and information
The Northern Ireland Hospice and various other logos used by us are registered trademarks in the UK. You may not use the Northern Ireland Hospice logos without our permission. To apply for permission please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Northern Ireland Hospice reserves the right to require materials and logos to be removed if we believe it is not in our interest.
Our downloadable leaflets and brochures, and our web pages can be printed, copied and used for private use; however, no modification may be made to the content. They may not be used for commercial, public or any other purposes without the specific written consent of Northern Ireland Hospice.
Some information, materials or photos on our website may be the property of another copyright owner, used here with their permission, and must not be used without their consent.
Whilst we try to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Neither we, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website, will be liable for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party including without limitation any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, whether in tort, contract or otherwise (including without limitation negligence) in connection with: your use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites; or any amount or kind of loss or damage including without limitation any loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data, or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any Material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
In so far as we are able, we exclude all liability for all direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), fraud, or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
If your use of the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of your equipment, software or data, you assume all costs of this.
In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Northern Ireland Hospice reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
Privacy and data protection
The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of Northern Ireland and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland Hospice Trading Limited Terms and Conditions
In these terms the reference to ‘Northern Ireland Hospice’ means Northern Ireland Hospice Trading Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Ireland Hospice whose registered office is at Head Office, 18 O'Neill Road, Newtownabbey, BT36 6WB registered in Northern Ireland with company number NI026976. Any reference to 'you' means the person purchasing the goods. Any reference to 'shop' means our online shop accessed via www.nihospice.org
By ordering and purchasing goods through the shop you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to the terms and conditions laid out below. These are the terms and conditions upon which you are buying your goods from Northern Ireland Hospice Trading Ltd, a fully own subsidiary of Northern Ireland Hospice. Please read them carefully.
- All product prices shown on the shop are the set retail price (inclusive of VAT). They do not include postage and packing. Postage and packaging prices will need to be added at the order confirmation stage of your transaction (see clause 3 below). If eligible to receive a free gift, this will be included in your delivery of goods. Free gifts are subject to availability and Northern Ireland Hospice Trading Ltd reserves the right to substitute gifts of an equivalent value. All offers are subject to specific restricted time frames.
- Postage and packaging will be an additional charge added on to the value of your order. The charity can only accept orders on-line for delivery within the British Isles. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT OVERSEAS DELIVERIES please telephone 028 9037 2780and/or email email@example.com and/or write to: Northern Ireland Hospice, Head Office, 18 O'Neill Road, Newtownabbey, BT36 6WB.
- Postage is £3.50 within the British Isles. Your order will usually be delivered within 14 working days, however, please allow 21 days.
- If you are not satisfied with any item for any reason, please refer to our returns policy.
- Unfortunately, if you are returning a gift we have to refund the person who paid for the item. If you wish to exchange it, this information will be passed on to them too.
- All product sizes and weights are approximate.
- Northern Ireland Hospice Trading Limited reserves the right to change the specification of the products from those featured on the website.
- Supplies of goods are subject to availability and due to popular demand we may sell out quickly. We will endeavour to replenish stocks, but this is not always possible so if we are unable to fulfil your order our customer services team will contact you to ask if you want a refund or a substitute item.
- Where payment is by credit/debit card transaction the person ordering must be the credit/debit card holder or have the holder's authorisation. Should the cardholder deny authorisation at a later stage, criminal charges may be brought against the person placing the order.
- This contract is governed by Northern Ireland Law.
- If you have any questions please contact the retail customer services team on 028 9037 2780- open 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All the profits from the sale of items on the online shop are gifted to Northern Ireland Hospice and go towards providing care for patients.
- Northern Ireland Hospice reserves the right to use the funds from the sale of all products where they are most needed to continue to provide care for patients in its hospices and in their own homes.
Our returns policy
In the unlikely situation that you receive an item that is damaged or faulty, we will give you a full refund, including the cost of returning the item to us for a period of 1 month from delivery of the item. If you simply change your mind, we will refund the cost of the item, but the cost of returning it to us will be your responsibility.
Here’s how to return an item to us:
Contact our Customer Services team within 7 days of receiving the item, and let them know you wish to return it. You can choose to receive either a replacement item or a refund.
Carefully repackage the item, including a copy of the invoice and order details in the return parcel to help us identify your order.
Send your returns through a service that insures the value of the goods. We recommend recorded delivery.
Keep proof of postage. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility unless the item is faulty or damaged.
Returned items should be sent to:
18 O’Neill Road
Once we receive your return, we will refund the amount back to your credit or debit card within 14 days. If you have paid by cheque, you will receive a confirmation letter of your return and refund cheque within 14 days. This is subject to normal postal services and does not include weather conditions, industrial action or other extraordinary circumstances outside the control of Northern Ireland Hospice.
eGifts and eCards
Northern Ireland Hospice is not able to offer a refund on eGifts or eCards unless a fault has occurred that is a direct result of an error or omission on our part. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that all the text included and email addresses provided are accurate. We strongly advise you to check you are happy with all entries on your order prior to submission.
Exchanging an item
To exchange an item, please follow our returns procedure above. If your item is in stock, we will replace the item within 14 days of receipt. If your item is not in stock, we will provide the date that it will be available or offer a refund. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
Unfortunately, we are unable to refund or exchange certain items such as jewellery, perishable foodstuffs or customised products unless faulty.