At Hospice we rely heavily on your generous donations of good quality, unwanted goods to help run our shops to raise the much needed funds that provides care and support to those living with life-limiting or terminal illnesses.
Goods we DO sell
- Clothing (Designer and vintage are always a bonus!)
- Shoes, handbags and accessories
- Household textiles
- Ornaments and pictures
- Books, CDs, DVDs and games
- Jewellery (broken gold also of value)
- Antiques and collectables
- Unwanted gifts and gift sets
- Furniture (Finaghy, Antrim Road, Bangor, Glengormley and Antrim shops only)
- Toys and Jigsaws
Goods we DO NOT sell
- Larger electrical goods
- Gas appliances
- Oil heaters
- Crash and safety helmets
- Food items
- Toys without the CE label
- Weapons including flick knives
- Children wear with drawstrings and/or tassels
- Pierced earrings
- Nursery items – prams, etc
- Underwear (unless new & labels attached)
- Water safety products
- Goods unfit for resale
You can make the goods you donate worth even more by adding Gift Aid.
By signing up you are helping to provide nursing care to people with life-limiting illnesses in our adult and children’s hospices and in the community.
This means that for every £1 NI Hospice raises from the sale of your items, we will get an extra 25p by reclaiming from the government the tax previously paid by you.
If you are a UK taxpayer, when you next donate goods to us, please ask to register for our Retail Gift Aid scheme and we can help you complete the short form. You will be issued with a card which you can show each time you donate goods at any of our Hospice Shops – it is as easy as that!
Gift Aid is a simple way to add 25% to the value of your donated goods and it won’t cost you a penny.
Eileen - NI Hospice Shop Supervisor
In the video below, Eileen talks about her role as a supervisor in the Antrim Road Hospice shop.