With the Belfast Marathon postponed, we know there will be disappointment from those who had been training to run as part of a relay team for Northern Ireland Hospice this May. We would love if you could still take part by doing your own virtual relay at home or in your community.
Grab your trainers and get planning with the rest of your relay team! Taking part in a #VirtualNIHospiceRelay is easy! Start a chat with your relay team members to plan your routes together, choosing who will do what distance. Then simply choose a day to do it and add some team spirit by all starting at the same time in your different communities. Social distanced – but running for the same cause! Now you can kick back into your relay training during your daily exercise outing.
We’re asking those who take part in our Virtual NI Hospice Relay to raise as much as possible to help us to ensure the survival of Hospice and allow us to continue to deliver our specialist nursing care services in these unprecedented times, to local people who we’re still caring for; both in our Hospice and in the community.
Even if you can only raise a small amount please take this challenge on, remember, for every £37 you raise we will be able to provide one hour of care to someone living in your community.
So join with us virtually, tie those laces tight and step on it for a great cause.
Step by Step guide on how you can complete your #NIHRelay
- Gather your team online and pick your distances, planning a date and time to start your virtual relay Create your personal route around your local community
- Set up your fundraising page using GivePenny to connect your Fitbit or other walking devices, or use JustGiving.
- Don't have a fitbit? Why not download strava or runkeeper apps to your phone for free!
- Tell your family, friends and colleagues you’ve signed up to a #NIRelay.
- Share on your social media channels to encourage donations! Don’t forget to tag Northern Ireland Hospice and use the hashtag #NIRelay
- Keep your page updated with photos or updates from your relay training so your donors know how you are getting on.
- Pop on a purple t-shirt to let people know who you’re running for
- Celebrate your achievement with a team zoom/skype party and take a selfie or video thanking your supporters as a team!
- Don’t forget to follow government guidelines including social distancing whilst taking part in your #NIRelay.
If you need any help setting up your Give Penny fundraising page, contact our friendly events team at firstname.lastname@example.org, they would be happy to help!