With this year's Rabbit Run and Bunny Hop postponed, we know there will be disappointment from those who had been signed up to run in support of Northern Ireland Hospice.
That's why we've decided to launch our Virtual Rabbit Run and Bunny Hop. We're inviting you to take part in your own virtual Rabbit Run, to help us raise the vital funds needed to enable Hospice to continue to care for local people who need it most!
Get together with family, lace up your trainers and take part in our Virtual Rabbit Run and Bunny Hop, anytime, anywhere, whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Participants can take part in two distances; let the kiddies get their exercise in by taking part in the 1 mile Bunny Hop, or if you're an avid runner, why not challenge yourself to complete our 5k Rabbit Run, all whilst raising funds to help us continue to care for those living with life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses.
Wear your favourite all-purple outfit or dress up and cause a few giggles as you run past your neighbour’s window. Let’s join together virtually and bring some fun and laughter to this difficult time.
We’re asking those who take part in our Virtual Rabbit Run and Bunny Hop to raise as much as possible, to help us to ensure the survival of Hospice and allow us to continue to deliver our specialist nursing care services in these unprecedented times, to local people who we’re still caring for; both in our Hospice and in the community.
Even if you can only raise a small amount please take this challenge on, remember, for every £37 you raise we will be able to provide one hour of care to someone living in your community.
All Virtual Rabbit Run and Bunny Hop participants, will receive a race pack, commemorative medal and ribbon.
So hop to it, sign up today and help Hospice continue to care for local people who need it most.
Adult Rabbit Run - Single ticket - £16.00
Kids Bunny Hop - Single ticket - £8.00
Family ticket (2 children and 2 adults) - £40.00
How to sign up
To sign up, please click here.
Step by step guide on how you can fundraise for your #VirtualRabbitRun
- Plan your Virtual Rabbit Run or Bunny Hope Route, it can be around your local community or even in the garden. Choose if you want to complete your marathon in one day or spread over a weekend.
- Set up your fundraising page using GivePenny and connect your Fitbit or other walking devices. You can also use JustGiving.
- Don't have a Fitbit? Why not download Strava or RunKeeper apps to your phone for free!
- Tell your family, friends and colleagues you've signed up to your #VirtualRabbitRun
- Share on your social media channels to encourage donations! Don't forget to tag Northern Ireland Hospice and use the hashtag #VirtualRabbitRun
- Challenge 5 other people to take part
- Pop on a purple t-shirt to let people know who you're walking or running for.
- Keep your page updated with photos or updates from your Virtual Rabbit Run and Bunny Hop so your donors know how you're getting on
- Celebrate your achievement with a selfie or video thanking your supporters!
- Don't forget to follow government guidelines including social distancing whilst taking part in your Virtual Rabbit Run and Bunny Hop!
If you need any help setting up your Give Penny fundraising page, contact our friendly events team at firstname.lastname@example.org, they would be happy to help!
This year’s event is proudly sponsored by Specsavers, Abbey Centre.