This spring, support Northern Ireland Hospice and Children’s Hospice by taking part in our Virtual Hospice Walk. Grab your trainers and enjoy your daily exercise in the sunshine by taking in the beautiful sights of your community, whilst raising vital funds to help support local people living with life-limiting or life-threatening illnesses.
Taking part in a #VirtualNIHWalk is easy! Complete your walk in one day or spread it over a weekend, (depending on the distance you have chosen) or why not get your household involved too by taking on the Virtual Walk as a team?
We’re asking those who take part in our Virtual Hospice Walk to raise as much as possible, to help ensure the survival of Hospice and allow us to continue to deliver our specialist care services in these unprecedented times, to local people who we’re still caring for; both in our Hospice and in the community.
Even if you can only raise a small amount please take this challenge on - remember, for every £37 you raise we will be able to provide one hour of care to someone living in your community.
So, join with us virtually, dress up in your favourite purple clothes, tie those laces tight and step on it for a great cause.
Step by step guide on how you can complete your #VirtualNIHWalk
- Set up your fundraising page using GivePenny to connect your Fitbit or other walking devices or use JustGiving.
- Don't have a fitbit? Why not download strava or runkeeper apps to your phone for free!
- Choose your walk route and the distance you will be completing
- Tell your family, friends and colleagues you’ve signed up to a #VirtualNIHWalk. Share on your social media channels to encourage donations! Don’t forget to tag Northern Ireland Hospice and use the hashtag #VirtualNIHWalk
- Challenge 5 other people to take part!
- Pop on a purple t-shirt to let people know who you’re walking for.
- Keep your page updated so your donors know how you are getting on.
- Celebrate your achievement with a selfie or video thanking your supporters!
- Don’t forget to follow government guidelines including social distancing whilst taking part in your #VirtualNIHWalk
If you need any help setting up your fundraising page, contact our friendly events team at email@example.com .