Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, our popular outdoor challenge events have all been postponed. But that doesn't mean we can't continue to raise vital funds to support local people. Our #MountainOfStairs Virtual Challenge is simply walking up enough stairs equivalent to some of our favourite mountains, hills and landmarks. The best part of it? #MountainOfStairs can be done all within the comfort of your own home.
Take on the #MountainOfStairs challenge in one day, spread it over a weekend or tackle a bigger challenge over a number of weeks. Or you can make it a family event where together, your team takes on a combined total of the world’s higher peaks like Kilimanjaro or Everest!
Use our recommended fundraising platforms, collect donations virtually and share your progress. At Northern Ireland Hospice our income is being severely restricted at present. We need your support in raising as much funds as possible. Even if you can only raise a small amount, please take on this challenge. Remember, for every £37 you raise, we will be able to provide one hour of care to someone living in your community.
Step by Step guide on how you can complete your #MountainOfStairs Challenge
- Choose your landmark, hill or mountain and decide over what time period you want to complete your challenge!
- Divide the number of stairs you need to climb by the number of stairs in your house to work out how many flights of stairs you will need to climb to complete your challenge.
- Set up your fundraising page on Give Penny or JustGiving and link your fit bit.
- Don't have a fitbit? Why not download strava or runkeeper apps to your phone for free!
- Tell your family, friends and colleagues about your challenge and share on your social media channels. Don’t forget to tag in NIHospice and use #MountainOfstairs.
- Challenge three other people to take part!
- Keep your page updated so your donors know how you are getting on.
- Celebrate your achievement with a selfie!
If you need any help setting up your Give Penny fundraising page, contact our friendly events team at email@example.com, they would be happy to help!