Children's Staff Nurses
Horizon House/Community / Ref: 23012
Band 5 (£26,681 - £32,795 per annum, pro rata for part time)
The Staff Nurse will work as a member of the Children’s Hospice Care Team, providing holistic care to life limited children with complex needs, and their families.The Role
The Staff Nurse will work as a member of the Children’s Hospice Care Team, providing holistic care to life limited children with complex needs, and their families. He/she will participate in the assessment, planning and delivery of care to the children and the delegation of care to non-registered members of the care team promoting a philosophy of holistic care and active engagement of children and families. The role will include working in Horizon House and in the wider community both day and night duty.
The Northern Ireland Hospice is a local charity offering specialist respite, symptom management and end of life palliative care to infants, children, and adults across Northern Ireland.
If you are interested in taking a tour of Horizon House and getting an insight into the benefits of working for our team, please complete the brief linked form; Site Tour Request Form
Post: Children’s Staff Nurses
Salary: Band 5 (£26,681-£32,795 per annum, pro rata for PT)
Requirements: Registered Children’s Nurses or Final Year Children’s Nursing Students pending registration
Contract: Full time, Part Time & Waiting List (roles will include rotation onto night duty), plus Bank
Location: Horizon House/Community
What we offer:
- Matching of Terms and Conditions of Service if transferring from NHS (Salary, Annual Leave, Pension)
- NHS salary scales
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement, starting at 27 days per year, which increases with service along with 10 Statutory days each year (pro rata for part time)
- Award winning Family Friendly Organisation
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing Initiatives
- Training & Development Opportunities including, European Certificate in Essential Palliative Care (ECEPC) and Advanced Communication Skills Training
- Comprehensive induction training programme
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Various salary sacrifice schemes
- Free onsite car parking
- Subsidised canteen
For further information, please click the 'Apply Now' button. If you have any queries, please contact a member of the People & Development Team on 02890 781836.
The closing date for applications is Monday 6th February 2023 at 4pm (we recommend that applications are submitted at least 15 minutes prior to the closing time to ensure technical difficulties are not encountered).
Please note all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. Please ensure to check your 'junk/spam' folder as due to personal email security settings, emails can sometimes appear here. Any email correspondence will come from an email address ending in @nihospice.org
Monday 06 Feb 2023 16:00
View the full job specification, criteria and apply for the positionApply Now