Receiving the news that someone you love has a life-limited and terminal illness can be devastating.
At Northern Ireland Hospice, our Family Support Team is there for the whole circle of family, friends and carers, as well as the person who is ill.
The Family Support Team at Northern Ireland Hospice, consists of; chaplains, family support co-coordinators and social workers. Our staff are trained to recognise the difficulties which patients, families and carers face when someone is seriously ill.
What can the Family Support Team help me with?
- Practical, emotional and spiritual support, as well as offering support to your family, friends and carers
- Providing help and support with the emotional and psychological effects of serious illness and loss
- Offering support and counselling to you or your family or friends about any aspect of your illness
- Providing information and support for families who wish to talk to their children about what is happening
- Helping you and your family to talk together about what is happening
- Arranging support for you at home
- Acting as a link with other staff involved in your care
- Providing practical advice regarding financial issues, or anything else you may be worried about
- Signposting you to other services
- Acting as an advocate for you
How can I contact the Family Support Team?
To contact the Family Support Team, call 028 9078 1836 or get in touch via the below contact form.