We’re asking our supporters to join us virtually for our favourite festive fundraiser on Sunday 5th December.
The challenges that the pandemic presented to traditional fundraising in 2020 have continued throughout 2021 and we still need our incredible supporters to ensure we can continue to deliver our lifeline services to local people living with a life-limiting or life-threatening illness.
How to take part
It wouldn’t be our Jingle 5k/10k event without the silliest Christmas outfits possible! Every year local people get dressed up in Santa costumes, elf costumes, or simply their favourite Christmas jumper.
It’s not just for grownups either, with three distances to choose from including a Virtual 1k Kids Reindeer Dasher for the little ones, or a Virtual 5k or 10k Race, both avid and amateur runners alike can take part together.
Whether you take part on your own, with your household, your sporting club or with your four-legged friends, it’s your walk/jog/run/cycle, your way! Plan your route and set off, in support of Hospice, and help us continue to be there for our children and their families when they need us most.
What you'll get in return
Not only will you get the self-satisfaction of helping a much-loved local charity, we want to reward you for your incredible festive support!
- If you raise £50 or more we’ll send you a medal in the post to say a huge thank you for your support!
- If you raise £100 or more we’ll send you an eco-friendly water bottle too!
- Everyone who signs up to take part and raises funds will be entered into a competition to win one of fifty, 2021 Jingle Shirts, kindly donated by O'Neills.
- If your a sporting club or organisation taking part, the club that raises the most will WIN a FREE Team Kit, coutesy of O'Neills.
Your guide on how to complete your #Jingle5k/10k
- Plan your Jingle route, and choose if you wish to complete your 5k or 10k in one day or spread over a weekend.
- Set up your fundraising page using GivePenny and connect your Fitbit or other walking devices, or use JustGiving or a Facebook Fundraiser
- Don’t have a Fitbit? Why not download Strava or Runkeeper apps to your phone for free!
- Tell your family, friends and colleagues you’ve signed up to take part and encourage them to support you by donating
- Share on social media channels - don’t forget to tag Northern Ireland Hospice and use the hashtag #Jingle5k or #Jingle10k
- Challenge five other people to take part!
- Celebrate your achievement with a selfie or video thanking your supporters!
- Don’t forget to follow government COVID-19 guidelines in your local area whilst taking part in your Jingle 5k/10k
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and help local families in your community who depend on our specialist services.