Get geared up and take part in our first ever Virtual Cycle Challenge! Strap on your helmet, pump up your tyres and enjoy your daily exercise on bike. Take in the beautiful sights in your community on two wheels, whilst raising funds to help Northern Ireland Hospice provide their vital care services in our Hospice buildings and in your local community.
At Hospice we heavily rely on the income from our fundraising events to enable us to care for over 4,000 babies, children and adults living with life-limiting or life-threatening illnesses. That's why we're asking our supporters to take part in their own Virtual Cycle Challenge to raise as much as possible, to ensure the survival of Hospice in these challenging times.
So, whether you're the next Lance Armstrong, or just want to have some fun, we need you to dust off those cycling shorts and get geared up to raise the vital funds to help local people in your community.
Step by Step guide on how you can complete your #VirtualCycleChallenge
- Choose your cycle route and make note of the distance you will be completing
- Choose if you want to complete your cycle challenge in one day or spread over a weekend
- Set up your fundraising page using GivePenny or JustGiving to connect your Fitbit or other cycling devices. Don't have a fitbit? Why not download strava or runkeeper apps to your phone for free!
- Tell your family, friends and colleagues you’ve signed up to a #VirtualCycleChallenge. Share on your social media channels to encourage donations! Don’t forget to tag Northern Ireland Hospice and use the hashtag #VirtualCycleChallenge.
- Challenge 5 other people to take part!
- Don your best purple attire and let people know who you're cycling for!
- Keep your page updated so your donors know how you are getting on.
- Celebrate your achievement with a selfie or video thanking your supporters!
Don’t forget to follow government guidelines including social distancing whilst taking part in your #VirtualCycleChallenge.
If you need any help setting up your Give Penny fundraising page, contact our friendly events team at firstname.lastname@example.org, they would be happy to help!