Lap the World is an innovative ‘Virtual’ Cycle Challenge, that encourages cyclists both novice and professional to pedal a combined 24,901 miles, a full lap of earth.
This Challenge is for everyone to enjoy, whether you’re part of a cycling club, leisure cyclist or local gym, we’re asking you to support Hospice by putting on your helmet, donning your festive cycling gear and helping us complete a full lap of the world!
How to take part?
- Form your Jingle Cycle Dream Team, and decide how many miles you wish to complete. (Don’t feel you have to complete the full 24,901 – unless you’re a superhero cyclist!)
- Build your fundraising page using Just Giving or Give Penny.
- Set each individual up on your team with Strava, to track how many miles you will be completing.
- Link your team to our Hospice Strava account – so we combine the overall mileage total.
- Plan your Jingle Route, it can be a static cycle indoors, or on the road – you decide!
- Share information of your ‘Lap the World’ fundraising event, and encourage your friends and family to sponsor you!
- Take some snaps of your team taking part, and share them with us using #LapTheWorld.
Coronavirus has changed everything for our children and their families. Caring for a child with a life-limiting or life-threatening illness means that shielding is actually a common thing for our families to do throughout the winter months, but as a result of lockdown, they have found themselves shielding at a time of year when they would normally be enjoying the finer weather; instead isolated from their support system, families and friends, they are more vulnerable than ever before. The services that Children’s Hospice provide are an essential lifeline to those families, now more than ever.
This is where you come in; by taking part in our 'Lap around the World' cycle challenge, and fundraising you can help us continue to care for those most in need during this national pandemic, and beyond.
- If you raise £50 or more we’ll send you a medal in the post to say a huge thank you for your support!
- If you raise £100 or more we’ll send you an eco-friendly water bottle too!
So dust off those cycling shorts, and pedal up this winter for Northern Ireland Children's Hospice and help us raise the vital funds for Hospice, to enable us to continue to deliver our services to local babies and children in your community living with a life-limiting or life-threatening illness.