How we can help
The Palliative Care Learning Academy are raising awareness of the need for compassion, mental health and wellbeing support for employees who are going through challenging times. The objective of this bespoke intervention is to promote a compassionate work environment that supports engagement, productivity, staff retention and the bottom line. As educated specialists and advocates in an array of supported compassionate themes, the PCLA can offer tailored interventions to foster approachability, empathy and respect through the following topics:
- Communication: Knowing what to say when faced with somebody who is distressed. Techniques and strategies for managing such conversations with staff, colleagues and others.
- Future Planning – Caring for the Carers in Your Organisation - This topic is broad introduction to support all employees who are carers and require additional information, signposting and coping mechanisms.
- An Introduction to Caring for someone with Dementia – With the rapid increase in Dementia diagnoses this introduction will provide participants with an overview of how to support someone with a dementia and the relevant associated signposting for carers in the workplace.
- Embracing Spirituality – This session encourages discussion on the components of workplace spirituality and harmony (inner life, meaningful work and community) which positively enhances work engagement.
- Good Grief, Loss and Bereavement – This session provides participants with a greater understanding of bereavement and loss and discusses tips in self-preservation. This topic is also suitable for supporting managers on how to respond and use effective communication.
We can support regional outreach delivery with a flexible approach to training ie) Full day, ½ days and evenings or as an alternative option, we can also offer our in-house provision with our training suites and internal hospitality as an "away-day" from your office environment.
Please contact our team for further information on how we can support your organisation via a tailored approach to compassionate caring, health and wellness.