This 2 day advanced communication skills course is aimed at senior healthcare professionals contributing to the palliative care of children.
• To increase each participant’s awareness of their own communication skills.
• To demonstrate the importance of good communication skills.
• To explore strategies for improving health and social care professionals skills when communicating with children, parents, relatives and colleagues.
• Develop an awareness of the evidence base concerning optimal communication skills.
• Utilise appropriate communication skills and strategies required to handle difficult situations.
• Tailor complex information to meet the needs of children and families.
• Reflect upon and critically appraise their own communication skills.
Experiential methods will be used including exercises, demonstration video/DVD, discussions and video recorded role play with actors. Each participant will be required to undertake a role play which will be video recorded and reviewed to enhance participant learning.
This course is delivered in line with the Wilkinson Model of Advanced Communication skills training currently in place for practitioners working in adult cancer services.
24 & 25 November 2020
Further dates to be confirmed
9.00 - 5.00
Each participant will be required to undertake a role play based on a previous encounter with a person, relative or colleague. This will be video recorded and reviewed to enhance participant learning.
Due to the focus and reflective nature of this course, practitioners are advised to contact the course facilitator if they have had a significant trauma or bereavement in the last 6-9 months.
To apply for this course please contact Anne Rogan via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 028 90 781836
To book please either Pay Online or Pay by invoice below.
Book and Pay By Invoice