The project is being delivered in North and West Belfast locality of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust through a number of programmes of care:
- Provision of a community palliative care service which is delivered by the Project Lead, assessing patient’s in their home, providing advice on symptom management, support and guidance to the patient and their family and working in collaboration with the General Practitioner and other key Healthcare professionals.
- Day Hospice is held in Somerton House on a Friday for patients and their carers, providing support, advice and guidance along with the opportunity to access creative therapies available to improve cognitive stimulation such as art and music therapy.
- Complementary therapy, tailored to specific needs, which is provided in the patients home or in Day Hospice.
- Access to the multidisciplinary team.
- Access to support worker from Alzheimer’s Society.
This service can be accessed via your GP or your key healthcare professional who will submit a referral to the service identifying the reason for referral. The Project Lead will contact you and discuss the referral and will agree the programme of care that meets your individual needs.